- AbiWordDevelopment - Plans, brainstorming, big open issues
- Unit Test - Code unit testing framework
- Annotations - Implementation if annotations, part of Summer of Code 2007
- AbiCollab - Plugin to allow instant collaboration between users of AbiWord. What you type appears in their document as you type and vice versa.
- AbiWord SDK - Starting from version 2.6 it is possible to link in libabiword and use all of abiword's powerful document processing features in either GUI or server applications.
- PyAbiWord - Python bindings to AbiWidget
- AbiWidget - A Word Processing canvas that is a genuine GtkWidget and used as such
- PyAbiWordMethods - A list of the methods implemented for the Python bindings of AbiWidget
- AbiCommand - Command line interface into AbiWord. With this you can run Abiword in a server environment to do document processing. Very, very useful for sophisticated web servers.
- Windows Unicode Port - The remaining issues left to fix after having ported trunk to Unicode on Windows.
- HTML exporter - Plugin for exporting Abiword document to HTML/XHTML files
- EPUB plugin - Plugin for exporting Abiword document to EPUB2 and EPUB3 file formats. Example of HTML exporter and importer plugins usage for building custom plugin.
Guides and Instructions
- Getting the source code - How to use svn to get the source code
- Developing AbiWord on Windows using Visual C++ (Comprehensive) - How to download, compile, and improve AbiWord (development trunk) using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (Express Edition works!)
- Compiling AbiWord - How to compile AbiWord
- Compiling AbiWord on Maemo - How to compile AbiWord for Nokia Maemo plaform (N8x0)
- Compiling AbiWord on Mac - How to compile AbiWord on Mac, sort of
- Compiling AbiCollab on Linux/Unix - How to compile the AbiCollab plugin on Linux and Unix platforms
- Compiling AbiWord 2.6.x on Windows - Instructions using MinGW/MSYS and the 2.6.x and earlier "diving make" build system
- Compiling AbiWord 2.6.x Dependencies on Windows - How to compile some AbiWord dependencies on Windows using MinGW
- Debugging AbiWord - Some hints on how to use a debugger.
- Releasing - How to release AbiWord
- New AbiWord Translation - How to translate AbiWord in a new language
- Update AbiWord Translation - How to update an existing translation of AbiWord
- AbiWord Debian Package Instructions - How Debian/Ubuntu packages (including our own Ubuntu PPA) are handled.
- Write flickering free code - How to take advantage of the double buffering.
- Deprecated Containers - deprecated containers.