Welcome to the AbiWord Wiki
A wiki is usually not organized as a coherent web site, instead it grows dynamically (and often haphazardly) as people recognize the need to add to it. So, how do you find things? There are a few recognized starting points—for the AbiWord wiki, the following places may be a good place to start:
- AbiWordFAQ, which contains a lot of Frequently Asked Questions.
- AbiWordDevelopment, for information on AbiWords development.
- UserInterface, UI related notes
- Google Summer of Code 2006, Projects from 2006 Abiword
- Google Summer Of Code 2007, for USD$4500.00 grant from Google to work on Abiword
- AbiWordSDK - As of AbiWord 2.5.0, AbiWord can be compiled to create a stand alone library. Within this library is AbiWidget which can be embedded in other applications and TableCreator which is a useful GtkWidget used to interactively create tables.
- AbiWidget - A rich text canvas with all the power of the AbiWord layout and editting engines in addition to the import/export filters.
- PyAbiWord - Python wrapper around the AbiWidget and TableCreator which can be easily used in any PyGtk application. It forms the basis of AbiWord OLPC writing activity.
- AbiCollab - A new feature that allows immediate communication between different documents. This allows users to collaborate on document creation by enabling different users to immediately see changes in a shared document in real time.
- Key Bindings - The most recent versions of AbiWord and libAbiWord allow programmers to change the keybindings via a an ascii description.