Re: [Bug] MS Word Import .dot==.doc?

Subject: Re: [Bug] MS Word Import .dot==.doc?
From: Alan Horkan (
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 14:15:40 CST

> PS: I must admit that I've been thinking about what it would take to sneak
> in .awt (ie, AbiWord templates) support before 1.0, but I'm unlikely to get
> any further than a POW, and even that's a stretch, without help from others.

It already is a POW, but im not going to claim it yet.

templates will have to be localised. Shouldn't Strings && Help &&
Templates all be in a "locale" directory like the way Mozilla does it?
i want to get a Formal and Personal Letter Template done for
en-US/en-GB, de-DE, fr-FR (and maybe ga-IE) and post them.

I should probably starty by break the POW down into parts and submit
that back.

i have a bad feeling about creating another file name extension i dont
know why. Besides AWT is the name of the Java Advanced Windowing

Are you thinking what Iím thinking, Pinky?
Uh, yeah Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?