Non-printing characters

From: Keith Powell <>
Date: Sat May 21 2005 - 22:14:26 CEST

May I make a request for an addition to Abiword?

I do a lot of converting text files to formatted document files, so need to
start the process by replacing the "hard return" at the end of the text
file's lines with a space so that the text flows to the margin and then there
is a "soft return".

Is there any possibility of the find/replace facility including finding a hard
return so that it can be chosen whether to ignore it or replace it?

At the moment I have to manually get to the next hard return and replace it
with a space. When I am dealing with text files of 30+ pages it takes ages
and becomes rather tedious!

If no-one else is interested in this improvement, that's OK by me.


To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to with the word
unsubscribe in the message body.
Received on Sat May 21 22:17:39 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Sat May 21 2005 - 22:17:39 CEST