Please hold big check-ins

Subject: Please hold big check-ins
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 10:35:58 CDT

We are going to try to cut an 0.7.11 within the next day or two. Please do not check anything in that you even THINK might cause a problem.

In the past, cutting binaries has been a horrific event for me, but this time I am hoping things might go better, with tinderbox green, and make distributions having already been run. We'll see.

The major question is what to do about FreeBSD. Does somebody want to take a stab at fixing this, or should we cut without FreeBSD binaries?

Finally, in days past this was a week long event. That will not be the case this time. If we can't get it done by tomorrow, we will hold till the week of the 21st.

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Mon Aug 07 2000 - 10:36:01 CDT