error while installing deb package.

Moses DeJong (
Thu, 20 May 1999 16:24:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all.

I tried to install the .deb file for ABI word 0.7 but I ran into an

% dpkg -i abi*.deb

(Reading database ... 72893 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking abisuite (from abisuite_0.7.0-1.deb) ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): unexpected end of file in member data in

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
dpkg-deb: subprocess gzip -dc returned error exit status 1
dpkg: error processing abisuite_0.7.0-1.deb (--install):
subprocess dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile (EOF) returned error exit status 2
Update-menus: waiting for dpkg to finish(forking to background)
Update-menus: (checking /var/lib/dpkg/lock)

Any ideas? I was installing on a Intel Debian 2.1 system when
I got this error.

Mo DeJong
dejong at