Re: Problem with dictionary.

From: Alan Horkan <>
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 19:13:55 CEST

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Drummond Blakely wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:24:46 +0100
> From: Drummond Blakely <>
> Subject: Problem with dictionary.
> Hello.
> Here are some details:
> -I'm using AbiWord 2.4.

> -I got it from a CD in a magazine;

Cool, which magazine?

> Many thanks for this word processor. I really enjoy using it. Thanks, too,
> for helping me to subscribe to this service.

Thanks for using Abiword, tell your friends. ;)

> I seem unable to download the dictionary, either US or UK English. I get an
> error message everytime.
> It's not crucial. I have other dictionaries. But it would be nice to get rid
> of the message that appears every time I open an AbiWord document.

Yeah, that warning is fairly annoying, I usually turn off automatic
spellchecking and eventually get around to fix it much later.

FAQ: Setting the Default Language for Documents

I believe there is also something you do by changing the language of the
file Normal.abw but I dont recall the answer exactly, search of the
mailign list archives might turn up something relevant though.