Re: Insertion Point (correction)

From: Alan Horkan <>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 00:05:24 CET

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:51:31 -0500
> From: Hubert Figuiere <>
> Subject: Re: Insertion Point (correction)
> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 22:34 +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > I am eternally grateful that the Abiword developers added that colour
> > change as it makes this Frequently asked question so easy to identify.

It took a ridiculous amount of convincing to get this much but I'm still
very grateful that the developer eventually agreed to do something
about it.

> Depending on the people the change of color might get unnoticed. This is
> pretty bad. The caret shape SHOULD change and be a char wide [1]

I'd love to see that implemented (that or the Caret switching from
Vertical to Horizontal).
this might help too, click status bar to change from Insert mode

Alan Horkan

Inkscape, Draw Freely
Abiword is Awesome