Re: New User Question

From: James Ogley <>
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 11:09:54 CEST

> I am a new user of AbiWord, having just downloaded it. I am troubled by
> the strange appearance (on screen) of the text in a document I have
> written. While the screen shows it to be New Times Roman (point 12), the
> letters are rough-edged and odd looking.

A couple of questions, which will probably help those more au-fait with
the inner-workings of Abi than I to help you are:

* What platform are you on? (Windows, Linux[*], Something else?)
* What version of AbiWord did you install?

[*] If Linux, which distribution

James Ogley, Webmaster, Rubber Turnip Jabber:
Using Free Software since 1994, running GNU/Linux (SuSE 9.0)
GNOME updates for SuSE: