Re[2]: Converting .abw files to .pdf

From: Alan G Isaac <>
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 04:06:56 CET

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Alan Horkan apparently wrote:
> abiword --to=latex document.abw

Adding this example at
would be nice.

> Now I need to see about improving the LaTeX export to support more
> features. The LaTeX exporter does not yet support, Tables, footnotes,
> endnotes, Table of Contents, Textbox Word wrap, or positioned objects.

I hope that Math gets some emphasis as well.
What is the status of integrating GtkMathView?
Being able to produce text plus math as XML/MathML
and export to LaTeX would be in no uncertain terms awesome.
There have been some suggestions that this is in place NOW:
Can ordinary users on Windows use this functionality
somehow? If so, how?

It wd be nice to have a status report at

Alan Isaac