Re: Unstable development version 1.1.4 released.

From: Marcel Pol (
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 09:17:27 EST

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:52:25 +0000 (GMT)
    F J Franklin <> wrote:

    > > They are named Hackabiword, so they can coexist with Abiword (1.0) in the
    > > distribution, but it cannot be installed next to Abiword (1.0) because
    > > both have a /usr/bin/abiword symlink which conflicts. (I should change
    > > that).
    > wouldn't "abiword2" be saner than "hackabiword"? and my advice would be to
    > leave the abiword symlink out of the package - at least until AbiWord-2.0
    > is finally released.

    Yes, abiword2 might have been saner. I never thought of that. I'm not gonna
    change it though, because when 2.0 is released I have to make
    provides/obsoletes tags for 2 obsolete names then. Or would it be considered
    sane to also name the final release abiword2?

    Marcel Pol