Plugins not automatically loaded

From: Reuben D. Budiardja (
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 10:26:33 EST

    I installed abiword from source, and then also compiled and installed the
    The abiword directory is in /usr/local/abiword ( I used ./configure

    Using the same argument for --prefix when configuring abiword-plugins, i found
    the plugin directory is /usr/local/abiword/AbiWord/plugins.

    When I started abiword, plugins are not automatically detected and loaded ( I
    checked that option in Preference). After I manually load the plugins using
    "Install New Plugin" dialog box, then exit abiword, then re-start abiword and
    plugins are missing again.

    So is there anyway the plugins can be loaded automatically when I start

    /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML
    \ /  email and proprietary format
     X   attachments.
    / \