Re: changing interface language

From: Alan Horkan (
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 12:42:06 EDT

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:00:34 EDT
> Subject: Re: changing interface language
> Which newer versions please? I'm kind of new to the Abi-word community, and
> not a seasoned expert in computers. Thanks from Puerto Rico
Here is the FAQ on how to change the Abiword langauge.

If you want Abiword in a different language to Windows/Linux it is
possible but not easy, to change the user inteface language in any
version of Abiword (by editing your Abiword.Profile).

Newer versions of Abiword have an option
Tools -> Prefernces, Language
User Interface Language.

It is definately not in Abiword 1.0.4
It is in 1.1.4 but the option is greyed out.

I suspect that it is only available in the unstable testing versions of
abiword. Testing builds are available from here

If you are willing to wait Abiword 2 is scheduled for June.

Alan H.