AbiWord 0.3.2

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:50:56 -0800

... is out.

Highlights include:
1. Major work on the layout and drawing code to make it rock-solid so we
can start adding more complex formatting effects. If you see *any* flicker,
drawing dirt other than bug 7, or unexpected formatting effects, please
report it in Bugzilla.

2. Dead key support for accented characters. If you've got a European
keyboard, it's time to start using it! :-)

3. Find/replace.

We've also made progress on the following:
1. Interactive spell-checking -- yep, red squiggles -- is still disabled.

2. We've started drawing rulers. Support for said is on its way.

3. A few Linux printing fixes. We know this still needs work, but keep
logging stuff in Bugzilla, so we catch *your* problems, too.

PS: Over the next month, we're going to be concentrating on polishing the
product so we can show it off at Linux World in San Jose at the beginning of

If you've been waiting to start contributing, now's the time to start!