Subject: Re: MSWord import crash (#707)
From: Robert Sievers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 18:53:02 CST
At 10:43 PM 12/21/99 -0600, Justin Bradford wrote:
>I've fixed (and committed) the crash caused by the sample test.doc you
>However, the problem was not what you describe above, so I'm not sure if
>there are additional problems. The problem with this document was simply
>that it was using tabstops other than left. I had an idiotic mistake in my
>code which generated a bogus tabstop property. That bad property was
>causing the asserts in the unit conversion.
That did indeed fix the problem. Basically, I looked at where in the code
the crash occurred, and how simple I could make the document and still get
the crash to occur. I stopped short of actually editing the style itself,
so I was a little to presumptuous as to the cause.
The bottom line is that your analysis was right on, and the fix works in
both the sample document I sent to you as well as the huge original
document sent by one of the AbiWord users. I have closed the bug.
Open Source Evangelist
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Sun Dec 26 1999 - 19:00:45 CST