Re: Localization filenames

From: Kathiravelu Pradeeban <>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2011 - 11:50:08 CET

I am not sure about how useful this change will be. For instance,
though some language may remain with one locale[1] at the moment,
later other locales may also be implemented, hence LL_CC remains the
natural choice.

For eg, if you take Tamil (ta), currently it remains as ta-IN
(Tamil-India), where I can see a possibility of ta-LK (Tamil-Sri
Lanka) localization too at some point (I initially started working on
it, but couldn't make a considerable progress on it).

Most of the languages are translated considering the locale in mind.
Hence removing the country code from the files will just drop that
information off.

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 3:51 PM, <> wrote:
> I think that most localization filenames should be shortened to include only language code (from ll_CC.strings form they are now). There's only 2 cases (en and pt) where language/country defines unique language, for other ones country field can be arbitrary and not needed to be specified.

Kathiravelu Pradeeban.
Software Engineer.
WSO2 Inc.
Blog: [Llovizna]