Re: rfc - renaming of OpenXML plugin

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <>
Date: Mon Apr 07 2008 - 11:18:10 CEST

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:11:55AM +0200, Robert Staudinger wrote:
> we've been briefly discussing renaming the OpenXML plugin to something
> else, you know, to get rid of subtle suggestions about openness and
> xml of the current name.
> Obvious candidates are "ooxml", "oxml" and "oox". I'm proposing to use
> "oxml" because most of the source files are prefixed "OXML_" already.

ooxml is the format name, there is no "open xml" but

I actually dislike "open xml" a lot for no other reason than it is
trying to imply that ooxml is something it is not, and is border line
insultuous to XML.

This statement is false.
Today is Boomtime, the 24th day of Discord in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?