Re: RFC: strategy for merging the N770 changes

From: Robert Staudinger <>
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 18:00:04 CEST

On 5/28/05, Tomas Frydrych <> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have been thinking about how to get the N770 changes into the main
> tree; personally, I would like to see this done before we release 2.4,
> even if means delaying the release. By the time N770 is unleashed on the
> world 2.4 should be our stable release, and I would like us to be able
> to show it of on it; having it in 2.4 from day one seems to make sense
> to me. (Others might feel otherwise, and we need to weigh the pros and
> cons.)

If we have enough push to do it that would be very nice. OTOH the
release should not be delayed too much so people who want to go
forward with new features (like goffice integration, pango rendering)
are not blocked too long (Here is also hoping that we can branch soon
after the release because it has been a rather stable dev cycle).
Given that it's quite a big thing to integrate the hildon port we
should maybe set a (soft) deadline / timeframe for the integration and
release 2.4 without the new port if it passes.

Just my $0.02

- Rob
Received on Sat May 28 18:00:31 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Sat May 28 2005 - 18:00:34 CEST