Re: CJK line breaking

From: Roland Kay <>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 02:27:57 CET

No problem. I need a CJK capable word processor more than most. :-)

Here's an updated patch that:

1, moves the functionality into xap_EncodingManager::can_break_at(). The only
difference now in GR_Graphics::canBreak is that it looks up the characters on
either side of requested chracter to pass to can_break_at().

2, Uses UT_return_val_if_fail on pointers instead of UT_ASSERT. There's still a
call to UT_ASSERT(UT_SHOULD_NOT_HAPPEN) in xap_EncodingManager::can_break_at().
Is that OK?

4, Tries to use Hugarian Notation for variables, although I'm not totally clear
on exactly what I should be calling everything.

Best wishes,