Re: SK localization extra for Mac OS X

From: Francis James Franklin <>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 21:39:21 CEST

Thanks for the work, Rudolf.

2 Questions:
- Are you shortening some expressions to make them fit in dialog boxes?
If so, which?
- Where do you need Mac-specific translations?

Providing a Mac-specific translation is possible, but I don't know how
advisable. Also, it would need to be installed inside the
bundle, which isn't very easy for the casual user.

For the record, the relevant code is in

             NSString* resources = [[NSBundle mainBundle] resourcePath];
             NSString* stringSet = [resources

(okay, yes, "eek")

It would be relatively straightforward, I think, to change this to
check for strings files first in user and system locations, but I
really don't think it's a good idea.