Re: Bug in Set Language when opened in ta_IN locale

From: Ryan Pavlik <>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 07:36:09 CEST

vijay durairaj wrote:

> Hi,
> When I open the "Set Language" in ta_IN(Tamil-India) Locale, it is
> displaying various strings other than languages like yes, no etc (in
> tamil language). Also, if I select Tamil in the "set language" window
> and set it, it sets the document language to te_IN (Telugu-India). I
> also checked the other languages, most of them are setting to
> different language. This problem doesn't appear in en-US locale. Only
> appears, when I set my locale to ta_IN.utf8. If you want, I can file
> the bug. I even tried the latest abiword-2.2.6.
> Thanks,
> Vijay Durairaj
The first problem (with strings) occurs because AbiWord is not fully
translated to Tamil yet. I think there may be someone working on it,
but you're welcome to help out. If you can edit .PO files (Search
google a bit), they are in AbiWord source code, under abi/po/ .

Please file this other bug, as I am unaware of it. Someone else might
know of it, however, a bug report is still very helpful!

Thanks for helping out, and we hope to improve our Indic languages
support soon!

Ryan Pavlik
"Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses."  --Confucius
Received on Mon Apr 4 07:40:34 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Mon Apr 04 2005 - 07:40:34 CEST