Commit: Improved Mail Merge Architecture

From: Dom Lachowicz (
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 21:50:47 EDT

    This is rapidly nearing completion, at least for the
    2.0 release.

    Various merge sources are available. These currently

    a) A native xml format
    b) Comma separated values format
    c) Tabbed delimited text format

    I'm going to improve the Gnome GDA (database) plugin
    so that it also works inside of this architecture. It
    won't be too much work.

    The new code supports multiple changesets/records
    within a merge. So that theoretically, we can handle
    more than one set of data and then do something with
    it. What pray tell, might we want to do with multiple

    '--print' on the command line, '--to' on the command
    line (maybe) to another format.

    Three sample merge files are attached. In the future
    (post 2.0) we'll probably act more like OpenOffice or
    Word and store a reference to the data set (or a
    pointer to a data set) within a compound document type
    structure. Anyway, this is flexible enough to do that
    when the time comes.

    I'll make --print work with --merge. I'll make the
    Gnome DB backend work with this. Jordi has an
    almost-working OLE2 data source thing coded as well.
    Hopefully after I implement the GDA/GnomeDB part,
    he'll commit his work.

    If you have questions or comments, email me directly.

    Cheers and enjoy,

    CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are
    removed automatically
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/text/ptbl/xp/pd_Document.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_ActionSet.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Functions.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_Functions.h
    CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/
    CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_exp.h
    CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_impexp_Register.cpp
    CVS: Added Files:
    CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_mailmerge.cpp
    CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_mailmerge.h

    Do you Yahoo!?