Re: Notes on first-time building

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 03:49:36 EDT

    --- Andrew Dunbar <> wrote:
    > I also couldn't find anything regarding freetype,
    > pango, xft, and fontconfig. Do I need any special
    > libraries for these? Do I need special versions?

    yes. You need version 2 of Xft and fontconfig. You
    can download them at

    You don't need any special version of pango (if you've
    got gtk+-2 to work, you have everything you need).

    With the new RedHat 8 you will not need to download
    Xft/fontconfig separately.

    > Do
    > the needs differ between building on Linux/Unix and
    > Windows?

    Yes. For windows you don't need Xft/fontconfig

    Joaquin Cuenca Abela

    Do you Yahoo!?