Re: Commit: Updated German translation

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 20:53:54 EDT

  • Next message: Andrew Dunbar: "Commit: support for Yiddish languge"

    On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 01:26:25PM +0200, Christian Neumair wrote:
    > 217 strings?! Did I check out the wrong branch or what? I just did a cvs
    > update and saw 10 strings still missing with one being fuzzy and 9
    > untranslated.
    > Please clear me up.

    Ok, I commited it to HEAD.
    The best way to make translations isn't really the abi/po/la_NG.po files
    but the abi/user/wp/strings/la_NG.strings files!

    Now, maybe the pot file for the default hasn't been updated or maybe
    (worse) there's a bug with the perl scripts. Nevertheless, AbiWord uses
    the strings files (not the po files), but we provide some nice scripts
    to convert between gettext style and back.

    if you run the dumpstrings script specifying de-DE it will produce an
    html file with en-US and de-DE and the missing strings.

    just run: abi/ > strings_table.html 2> missing_strings.txt

    Then, edit the de-DE.strings accordingly!


    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Tue Aug 20 2002 - 19:40:39 EDT