Re: RFP: use gnu gettext

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 14:18:45 EDT

    Dom Lachowicz <> wrote in

    > *) Stops re-duplication of strings

    Some strings probably *need* to be duplicated. I'm thinking of
    strings which are identical in English, but not in the target
    language. I have also localized Mozilla, and there I found several
    such strings, e.g. 'Forward' (which could mean the opposite of
    'back' or 'to send on'). Such strings are sure to crop up in
    AbiWord too, sooner or later.

    Karl Ove Hufthammer