From: Tomas Frydrych (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 07:50:35 EDT
> I've been playing a bit with pango, using the windows native backend.
> First, make the whole thing compile and run was a pain. Maybe it's
> just me been a unix guy, but it took me several hours to get the whole
> thing running (and I was using precompiled packages for glib...)
If it is any consolation, I did not suceed at all.
> The windows native backend seems to be in a more or less functional
The FT2 backend should be in a better condition, since it is used in
GIMP and GnomeCanvas (so Owen tells me); I suspect the win32
backend is not used in anything.
> The only big problem that I've seen is that the size of the
> fonts was (*absolutely*) wrong. If you ask for a font size of 12,
> pango renders the font with a size of ~7.5 points.
> I've patched pango to fix this problem, so if you want to play with
> the windows backend apply the attached patch before you start the fun.
I am do not think the patch is correct either, according to the docs,
font sizes are meant to be given in 1/64th' of a point, so the
resolution should be something like:
PANGO_SCALE * 72 / (64 * device_dpi)
assuming it is used to map font sizes to pango units.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Mon Apr 29 2002 - 07:57:00 EDT