Re: Religion advocates [was: ligature selections ...]

From: Andrew Dunbar (
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 23:04:50 EDT

     --- Mike Nordell <> wrote: > Paul
    Rohr wrote:
    > > OK, so this suggests that the local equivalent of
    > the church secretary
    > > (gosh, what an American concept that is)
    > Probably. I've actually never heard about them in
    > any other context than AW.
    > Perhaps the "original designers" were overely
    > religious? :-)
    > (I have nothing against religions, unless it's the
    > brainwashing kind)
    > I however agree that a selection/removal, whether by
    > backapce, mouse
    > selction or shift-left should select/remove the same
    > data.

    Well now that it seems everybody is in favour of
    selecting halves/thirds/etc of ligature glyphs and
    characters with multiple accents, lets move on to how
    we display partially-selected glyphs. And how we
    decide which parts of the glyph to select based on
    mouse movement. Doing incremental keyboard selection
    should be easy but we don't currently support it:

    Andrew Dunbar.

    > /Mike

    Do You Yahoo!?