Re: Ready for the Big Time!

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 11:03:21 EDT

    Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <> wrote in

    > This is an IE bug, if you're talking about Microsoft's
    > bugzilla, go ahead :)

    No, it's not. I have test three different XML parsers and all
    report the same error. I have also studied the DTD, and *has*
    incorrect syntax. You don't have to believe me; I encourage you to
    check with the official XML specification yourself. Here's the
    relevant section <URL: >:

    [45] elementdecl ::= '<!ELEMENT' S Name S contentspec S? '>' [VC: Unique Element Type Declaration]
    [46] contentspec ::= 'EMPTY' | 'ANY' | Mixed | children

    And here's the relevant section from the 'DTD':

    As you can see, 'contentspec' must be 'EMTPY', 'ANY', Mixed or
    children. And no, Mixed doesn't include 'CDATA'. A correct element
    type declaration could be:

    <!ELEMENT iw (#PCDATA)>

    But this doesn't fix the numerous other syntax errors in the DTD,
    nor that the DTD doesn't define some of the elements used in
    current AbiWord documents.

    Karl Ove Hufthammer