docbook [was Re: Newbie volunteer -- need some directions and help]

From: Alan Horkan (
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 12:47:04 EDT

    from what i have seen DocBook is moving to XML

    off the top off my head i think Docbook 4 is the same in both SGML and XML
    and XML tools are more readily available, so it is simpler to use the XML

    or i could be wrong, me and my vague memory

    abiword uses XML docbook, it makes more sense considering abiword already
    does a bunch of other XML based formats.

    Alan Horkan