Re: Personal Preferences File

Subject: Re: Personal Preferences File
From: Randy Kramer (
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 12:26:34 CDT

Michael D. Pritchett wrote:
> For Win32 generally it is stored in the system directory. If you are
> using profiles, then it is stored there under your user name. Look for a
> directory called AbiSuite. In there you should find the
> AbiWord.Profile. Open this up with a text editor. You should be able to
> edit this to for those things. See Geometry for width, height and posx
> posy. See Scheme name=_custom_ for personal option settings.

Wonderful, thanks to you and rms! (I use Windows and Linux.)

Luckily the windows profile already had a _custom_ profile which was
enabled, which gave me the clue to move CloseOnLastDoc down there and
change the 1 to a 0. (But it also works to change the 1 to a 0 in the
builtin scheme, as long as you change the selected scheme from custom to

<Snippets from the file, for future reference (when I forget how to do

Randy Kramer