Re: abiword.spec

Subject: Re: abiword.spec
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 08:36:17 CDT

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-10-25 at 13:19, Martin Sevior wrote:
>>On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
>>>What fails with this one? Can you give me some details?
>>>All one should need is swap ABI_OPT_GNOME=1 to ABI_OPT_GNOME=0 in the
>>>spec file.
>>Ah, you sound like a theorist. A good experimentalist would actually try
>>The issue is that if you have ABI_OPT_GNOME in the make line, even if it
>>is = 0, you get some gnome stuff pulled in, but not enough to actually
>>build it.
> Then this looks like a problem _with_ the build system and _not_ with
> the rpm spec.
> Can anyone more experienced with it lend me a hand?

I guess that we have some

instead of

ifeq ($(ABI_OPT_GNOME),1)

Try this script (at abi/):

find . -name "Makefile" -exec perl -pi~ -e 's/ifdef ABI_OPT_GNOME/ifeq
\(\$\(ABI_OPT_GNOME\),1\)/g' '{}' ';'

I've not tested it, so be surprised if it works.

P.S. I would commit it by myself, but right now my tree is a bit messy

Joaquin Cuenca Abela