Re: The snprintf problems...

Subject: Re: The snprintf problems...
From: Andrew Dunbar (
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 13:45:10 CDT

 --- Martin Sevior
<> wrote: >
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Mike Nordell wrote:
> > Why, oh why, can't all C++ compilers and libraries
> be at least reasonably
> > correct...
> >
> Mike,
> Since you're interested in this, is is possible to
> implement
> a way to snprintf into a UT_String?
> Even better would be a ".snprintf(....)" method for
> UT_String.
> I've had to use fixed length char arrays in places
> for only this reason.

I already implemented this for the 8-bit and Unicode
versions of UT_String in a large patch I sent to
Dom and others a few months back. It was a bit rough.
Did anybody ever even look at that patch? It was
several weeks worth of work.

Andrew Dunbar.

Nokia Game is on again.
Go to and join the new
all media adventure before November 3rd.