Re: Win32 build fix - UT_unlink

Subject: Re: Win32 build fix - UT_unlink
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 20:42:07 CDT

ISO/IEC 9899: 1990 The remove function
The remove function causes the file whose name is the string pointed to by
to be no longer accessible by that name. A subsequent attemp to open that
using that name will fail, unless it is created anew. If the file is open,
the behaviour of
the remove function is implementation-defined.

"Mike Nordell" <> on 14/10/2001 21:03:56

Sent by:

To: "AbiWord-dev" <>

Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> remove has slightly different behavior than unlink
> remove deletes a name from the filesystem. It calls
> unlink for files, and rmdir for directories.

Well I be... :-)

This is clearly a place where MS and *nix don't play along too well. MS
documentation states remove() is only used for files while *nix docs state
it's to remove both files and dirs. A obviously trust the *nix docs more,
but do we have anyone anyone here that has access to the (pre 99) ANSI C
standard? Could it be that the standard only says "filesystem entry" or
something like that?

/Mike - please don't cc