Re: Win32 build fix - UT_unlink

Subject: Re: Win32 build fix - UT_unlink
From: Mike Nordell (
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 03:15:14 CDT

Kenneth J.Davis wrote:
> Attached is a patch that adds a UT_unlink function for Win32.
> (I added it ut_Win32String.cpp since for some reason? UT_unlink
> is prototyped in ut_string.h and the Unix equivalent is defined
> in ut_unixString.cpp)

Two observations:
1. I agree that this is most certainly not the module to add such functions
2. This function should probably not even exist. As is noted in the patch,
remove() is an ANSI C function and as such should be available on all our
platforms. Or...? :-)
(should any platform not have remove() I think it's more appropriate for
_that_ platform to implement it)