library issue

Subject: library issue
From: Steven J Pulito (
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 17:49:54 CDT

Hello everybody,

just trying to compile abiword for the first time, I'm almost there.

I have downloaded everything from:

and I've compiled (make) sucessfully. However after I do a 'make install'
I get this error when I try to run abiword:

stevenp@foo:~ > abiword
/usr/local/AbiSuite/bin/AbiWord_d: error in loading shared
libraries: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

I do have, it's in ./abiword/psiconv/.libs/
psiconv is a peer directory of ./abiword/abi/ which contains all the files
from abi-0.7.14.tar.gz

What do I have to do to get abiword to see the file? Do I have to do a
make install in the psiconv directory? Is there a switch somewhere I
could have set to statically link that would have taken care of this?

Am I totally off my rocker :)

thanks for any help in advance