Re: Suggestion

Subject: Re: Suggestion
From: Thomas Fletcher (
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 11:12:49 CST

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 11:30:42AM -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> > Having this on by default is sure to confuse the hell out of our users.
> I agree, but sometimes (editing code) it is usefull. However, I really have a big problem trying to imagine a Church Secretary doing something like while(<>){ s/beautiful regexp/match/; print }

Who the %^#$! is going to write code using AbiWord. AbiWord
is a word _processor_ not a text _editor_. Sure the two
are interchangeable, but that is like me saying that I
might want to cut my lawn with a pair of scissors or
cut my hair with a lawn mower.

Thomas .. Who uses a nail when he needs a nail;
          A screw when he needs a screw
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems Neutrino Development Group