Re: Questionable behaviour

Subject: Re: Questionable behaviour
From: Sam TH (
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 20:16:44 CST

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 04:56:53PM -0800, WJCarpenter wrote:
> >> Now go to right after the 'a' in "bar", and press the down arrow.
> >> Shouldn't that take you to the end of the line with just "foo" on
> >> it? Well, for me it doesn't. If this is reproducible and not the
> >> expected behaviour, I can file a bug on it.
> sam> Ouch. That's really not good. Definitely a bug. I don't think
> sam> that used to happen, either.
> If I understand this correctly, there isn't a problem on the Win32
> 0.7.13. (My understanding is that the desired behavior is that you
> end up on the second line, with the insertion point just after the
> last "real" character on that line.)

Right. On my unix builds, the cursor doesn't move at all. This is

Currently, the behavior seems to be thus:

---cut here---
foo bar
---cut here---

If you are anywhere before the second 'o' on the first line, it
behaves normally. Past that (where the cursor should move to the end
of the second line) nothing happens when you press the down aarow.
        sam th
        GnuPG Key: