[owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [<mdp@saturn.pritchett.home>]]

Subject: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from []]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 17:19:17 CST

        sam th
        GnuPG Key:

attached mail follows:

>From owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com Tue Jan 23 17:18:02 2001
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:06:25 -0600 (CST)
From: <mdp@saturn.pritchett.home>
Cc: AbiWord-dev <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
Subject: Re: More psiconv woes

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Mike Nordell wrote:

> Sam TH wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 04:26:14PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
> >> FWIW I think they at least belongs in the CVS tree. Joe Average will
> >> not know to go look in Sam's directories for methods to build AbiWord
> >> under MSVC.
> Good point.
> >Upon further reflection, I agree with Jesper here. If no one else has
> >any objection, you should just commit them, Mike. They would have to
> >be a new module, just like psiconv. Use the cvs import command.
> I agree. But, I *will* hate to create a new module for these since I will
> have to change *each and every path* in the project files. :-<
> We'll see when it happens...

Mike -

Here is a perl script that I have used to correct the path of my MSVC
Project files as I keep them in a peer directory. Hopefully it will help.

As for what to do with the project files, I leave that up to the
majority. I created my first set as I generally prefer the IDE provided
by MS and know it well enough such that I could help the project.

Unfortunately, their are a couple of things I didn't know well enough
how to do. One was run the .configure in the wv peer to create the correct header
files. The other was building the various helper apps. That is why I
suggested running it through once the official way (*nix clones) to
configure all that stuff for the Win environment. Hopefully, you have
figured a way around that problem.

If not, I don't believe that submitting the project files is good for
newbies. Working through the how the make files work is generally
important. And once that is understood, then the project files are

Michael D. Pritchett