Re: overstriking characters

Subject: Re: overstriking characters
From: Tomas Frydrych (
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 15:57:49 CST

Hi Vlad,

> Just curious, could you please explain a bit what is the problem with
> overstriking characters in Unix version of AW? Of course I'm not objecting to
> anything - I just didn't notice any problem.

They are displayed as normal, positive width, characters after the
character they are supposed to be over; this may not appear as a
problem in the 8-bit locales, because I think those char sets use
special glyphs for the composed characters, so that when you use
a dead key + some character it actually translates into a single

PGP keys: