Re: Testbuilds of all dictionaries available

Subject: Re: Testbuilds of all dictionaries available
From: Andrew Dunbar (
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 03:56:20 CDT

 --- Gabriel Gerhardsson <> wrote: > Hi
> I have now hacked together a (very ugly) c-program
> that scripts the
> building of the dictionary rpms.
> I have done test builds of all hash-files that has
> an associated acronym
> in ispell_checker.cpp.
> Comments:
> 1. Since esperanto doesn't have an associated
> acronym, I didn't build
> it. Can someone please tell me what acronym to use
> with it, so that all
> 20 languages can get builds.

The language code for Esperanto is "eo". As there is
only one Esperanto, there is no country code. I'm
assuming this is what you were asking.

> 2. The hash-file catala.hash, should be renamed
> catalan.hash. That's the
> correct spelling (I believe) and it's also what it
> is referenced by in
> the table in ispell_checker.cpp. I have changed this
> in my build.

From memory Catalan is the English word for the
language, in Catalan I think it is spelled with an
accent on the final a but we don't use non-ASCII
characters in dictionary names of course.

> 3. In the table in ispell_checker.cpp, the hash-file
> for Netherlands is
> said to be named dutch96.hash. But there is no file
> by that name. I
> believe it should be changed to reference to the
> file nederlands.hash.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds right to me. Perhaps there were various Dutch
dictionaries floating around at various stages.

> Anyway, I have put up the testbuilds here:
> It's actually my own computer, so if it's not
> reachable just try later.
> I'll leave it on as much as I can.
> Please download and test your (or any other for that
> sake) language!
> It works for me, but you never know.
> Also, I would like to get comments on the naming of
> files and such
> things. I'm very open to suggestions about anything.
> Take care
> /Gabriel

Fantastic effort Gabriel. My kudos to anybody working
on international stuff in Abi, as always.

Andrew Dunbar.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at
or your free address at