Re: win perl bindings

Subject: Re: win perl bindings
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 17:30:46 CDT

Michael wrote:

> > I've been working a while on the perl bindings for windows.
> Yea! I am hoping that you get farther along that I did before I gave up.
> > I guess that some other sed script is changing my file://C/Perl/lib...
> > \\C\Perl\lib... but I don't see it, any clues?. Also I don't know how
> > get on the screen the exact command line that is going to be executed
> (ex.:
> > "cl.exe /Fo ...")
> >
> > If somebody replies to these two questions, I will happily give him a
> > beer/coca/whatever next time I meet him (next GUADEC? :), I'm too tired
> > continue searching right now
> make -n will print out the commands but may choke on some of our
> Still it is a good start at determing the command line being executed.

Thank you very much!
I found this option in the man page a bit after sending the email, but
anyway the invitation still stands up :)

> I believe that the problem you are having with Perl\lib is how you defined
> EXTRA_LIBS. In the under platform for the AR command we go
> one more level of tranlation. I think this is the one that is bitting
> Make sure thae libs that Perl gives is translated similiar to that in the
> exisitng libraries. Then this final translation will work for you.

ok, I see. If I translate a single backspace in 4 (!) ones it works.
It still doesn't links, though. I should clean a bit the libraries that
perl tries to link with, 'cause we try to link with some of them anyway
(usually it will not be a problem, but if we are in debug mode we want to
link with MSVCRTD.LIB, and perl still wants to link with MSVCRT.LIB). Right
now I'm having "only" 8 undeclared functions, so I still keeping the hope

Joaquin Cuenca Abela