Re: FAQ -- why the MSDI interface? (aka, no pagers please)

Subject: Re: FAQ -- why the MSDI interface? (aka, no pagers please)
From: Andrew Dunbar (
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 16:11:23 CDT

 --- Håkan Waara <> wrote: > Dom
Lachowicz wrote:
> >> Paul, who still thinks following Web browser
> precedent is a Good
> >> Thing
> >>

> > I'm very much inclined to agree with Paul. Almost
> every other
> > application behaves the same way the we
> currently do, especially
> > web browsers, which are becoming the de-facto
> application now.
> >
> > We should behave like all the other apps behave.
> >
> (I hate doing me-too posts, but here goes:)
> Yes, I totally agree. I'd hate to see Abiword go
> from a thumb-up to
> thumb-down because of the mere final decision of
> this issue.

Well then it's thumbs up from me for the current
system too. I don't think it's so much of a problem.
At the most it might bite you once but that bite does
not hurt and after that you know how it works. If we
do feel a need to change it, however, I would vote
for the MSWord way with the grayed-out document
window as this fits MS users and Mac users.

Andrew Dunbar.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at
or your free address at