Re: Export Word -> save as RTF .doc?

Subject: Re: Export Word -> save as RTF .doc?
From: Dom Lachowicz (
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 09:14:01 CDT

>Im certain i suggested this previously but it was decided that Abiword
>was going to do it the right way or not at all, i think its Dom's call

Thank you. Yes, IMNSHO Abi should either do things correctly or not at all.

>Perhaps it would be appropriate to add this information and an
>explaination to the help documentation (sorry, but im not volunteering)

I really like this suggestion. Saving as RTF when we select "Save as .DOC"
is a bad idea. I've got some free time this week and I was planning on
trying to get the DOC exporter to work a bit more. People are strongly
encouraged to help.