Re: Graphic Images

Subject: Re: Graphic Images
From: Dom Lachowicz (
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 12:39:43 CDT

>When it's possible...
>As soon as the SVG image uses opacity, you need to create a raster
>image and send that to the printer instead since PS doesn't support
>it. I think GnomePrint tries to be smart and actually rasterize only
>the parts of the page with opacity when generating postscript.

Yes it does. If you have 1/2 an hour, try printing a GdkPixbuf picture with
an alpha channel in it from inside of Abi...

I'm going to check into trying to make this faster inside of gnome-print. If
not, some alternative must be found because this current setup is too slow
to ship our next release with.