Re: Graphic Images

Subject: Re: Graphic Images
From: Dom Lachowicz (
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 09:42:12 CDT

<snip because i'm tired of responding to the same argument>

>To illustrate how non trivial this would be, ImageMagick or not, have a
>look at this book:
> <>
>it is over 1100 pages.

See The GDKPixbuf
reference doc is about 4 pages long for what we need. IM is of similar scope
(note: for what we need)

If we choose to do things your way, we're doomed to read *at minimum*
several hundred of those 1100 pages.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm willing to say that if my case
hasn't made an impression on you @ this point (nor yours on me) it is not
worthwhile to continue these threads. Besides, it's called "Graphic Images"
for God's sake. As opposed to what, those super-spiffy non-graphic images

motto: someone else has already had this problem, and has done it better.
let's use what tools are available to us wisely