Re: Our XML Schema

Subject: Re: Our XML Schema
From: sam th (
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 02:56:16 CDT

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, John L . Clark wrote:

> Guys,
> I was just doing some background reading on XML on, and I noticed
> that their links to our schema (could someone expound on the difference
> between a schema and a dtd for me?) information are broken. Perhaps
> someone should get in touch with the w3 boys and point 'em in the right
> direction? They currently have the links on
>, which apparently no
> longer exists.

That W3C document, available at
is incorrect. The W3C XML Schema for the AbiWord file format is available

I have cc'ed Dan Connolly at the W3C, who is listed as the maintainer of
that web page, so that it can be hopefully fixed.

Also, the Schema at that address is quite out of date, as is the DTD. I
hope to fix these soon. If you are interested, the DTD is at If you have suggestions, I will be
happy to take them into account.

Thanks for letting us know.
        sam th
        GnuPG Key: