Re: Spell checker always on?

Subject: Re: Spell checker always on?
From: Harald Hannelius (
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 05:21:48 CDT

I hate to reply to myself.. oh well..

I have tried creating a custom scheme in my profile, and to always put the
AutoSpellCheck to "0". No avail. _every_ time I open an existing document
abiword underlines every word. Eventhough I have taken out the 'check
spelling as you type'. I have the 'auto save preferences' or something of
that kind.

How do I get rid of the, imho annoying habit of abiword underlining every
word in my document?

I'm still able to do a 'Tools -> Preferences' and just press a 'ok' to get
abiword to actually notice my settings. Then after a 'page-up ->
page-down' the document is re-drawn without the red underlinings.

I have tried mocking around in the src, without success..