Re: Commit: Major importer overhaul

Subject: Re: Commit: Major importer overhaul
From: sam th (
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 02:34:14 CDT

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> I gave the importer a massive overhaul tonight.
> I wanted to make an ie_imp_WML class but realized that I'd be copying *far*
> too much code from the Abiword_1 importer. So I made a generic ie_imp_XML
> base class. Now any XML-based importer has to override only *2* methods to
> import into Abiword. Needless to say, it heavily reduces on both amount and
> the complexity of code too.
> ie_imp_WML and ie_imp_AbiWord_1 are my two test cases. The base class takes
> care of all expat vs. libxml2 differences, so the developer doesn't have to
> worry about that garbage. It'd be nice if someone (not excluding myself)
> would do a KWord importer to further test the robustness of the new class.

Well, just for reference, I wrote something similar (although it never
actually worked) way back when [1]. I used it to implement a rudimentary
XHTML importer [2] (which actually worked, at least somewhat). I'll try
to ressurect it to test out your new class.

        sam th
        GnuPG Key:
Version: GnuPG v1.0.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see