P-Props Keep Together in RTF is possible

Subject: P-Props Keep Together in RTF is possible
From: Wilfried Hennings (w.hennings@fz-juelich.de)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 09:24:42 CST

just to introduce myself:
I am maintainer of the FAQ list of Word <-> LaTeX converters at
(www address may change in some future)

I just (again) read the AbiSource WWW pages and came over the feature matrix.
   P-Props - Keep together
it is questioned
   (5) Does RTF even support this? Perhaps this should be n/a instead?

I can confirm that it does. I created a test document with a paragraph
having set "keep lines together" and another having set "keep together with
next paragraph". After saving from Word 2000 in word6/59 - 97/2000
compatibility rtf, the rtf code contains
for "keep lines together"
for "keep together with next paragraph".
Hopefully older word versions do understand this, too (sigh!).

Hope that helps.

Dipl.-Ing. Wilfried Hennings c./o.
Forschungszentrum (Research Center) Juelich GmbH, MUT
52425 Juelich, Germany
Tel. (+49) 2461 61 5570 ; Fax (+49) 2461 61 8254
email: <W.Hennings@fz-juelich.de>
PGP key available from key servers, e.g. from
MUT homepage: <http://www.fz-juelich.de/mut/>
Join the fight against spam!  details at <http://www.cauce.org>
or (for Europeans) <http://www.euro.cauce.org/>
All opinions mentioned are strictly my own, not my employer's