Re: CJK LaTeX export

Subject: Re: CJK LaTeX export
From: Chih-Wei Huang (
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 21:15:22 CST

Vlad Harchev gDG
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
> > In short, LaTeX export WORKS for CJK
> > (or, at least Big5 Chinese).
> Nice to hear that.
> But it's too late, I've sent p5 :)
> OK, could you research what should be put inside
> \begin{document}\end{document} for GB2312?
> After you tell this, I can make corresponding changes to AW (or you can do it
> yourself).

For GB, use

However, I am not sure if it's appropriate to add
such preamble/postamble,
since it depends what "Chinese LaTeX" you used.
For ChiTeX, no such preamble/postamble is needed.
For other "Chinese LaTeX", it may be different.
Even for CJK for LaTeX, the third parameter in
\begin{CJK*}{GB}{fs} is the default font name,
it is dist/vendor dependent.
Therefore, it may be not a good idea to add a fixed

A solution is to show a popup window
to give the user an option.
If it is too troublesome, I tend to
not add anything.